Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 38 = End Is Near!

Our week 38 scan, baby Xavier now weighs 3.45kg. Singapore average baby size is 3.2kg and anything above 3.5kg is considered big.

Dr Ong dropped a bomb and asked if we are willing to consider inducing labour earlier (EDD 22 OCT) in the hope of letting the baby come out while he is still average size. Hmm, I have never ever thought about it and has assumed that I will go into labour naturally. Baby Xavier is growing really well and putting on weight being a big baby, the doc does not appear comfortable for me to deliver him naturally and definitely not at week 40.

After our discussion, we have decided to induce labour tonight. Brief explanation by Dr Ong: The midwife will insert a tablet containing prostaglandin into the vagina to soften or ripen the cervix. It is the most commonly use method, it often work better with less risks. The cervical ripeness will be monitor throughout the night, the riper it is the more chances that I will go into labour. There will be also chances that there is no reaction to the cervix muscle, in these circumstances, Dr Ong will then have to either use other methods of induce or carry out caesarean.

I pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. I pray for God to calm my nerves and spirit and for his angels to be with me as I deliver! God Bless!

No comments: