Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Donation of Cord blood

After doing some research and talking to Dr Ong on Cord blood donation /banking, we have decided that I would donate my baby's cord blood to Singapore Cord Blood Bank (SCBB). The fact is:

1.If the child is already sick, s/he cannot use back his/her own cord blood, so I felt that is pointless in spending money to bank the cord blood.
2.If the cord blood can help someone with a life-threatening disease, I think why not? After all, if not donated or banked, it is simply discarded after the birth of the baby. An utter waste if you ask me.

The process for donating baby's cord blood is very easy. I have just contacted SCBB and we have arranged to meetup at my place tomorrow to go through the donation agreement. very good service indeed!

So happy, I have helped baby Xavier to do his first charity act!!!!

Point to note - Mummies and daddies please note that if you did not pledge to donate your cordblood before birth, the cordblood will be thrown away... it's not a automatic procedure ... so if you are keen to donate, do remember to contact SCBB after week 32 of gestation.
Tel: 6394-5011 Website: www.scbb.com.sg

No comments: