Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Friday, October 7, 2011

Group B Strep Test - cleared

Went for my last test in my last trimester of pregnancy - Group B Strep Test. This test is to detect a kind of bacteria that many people harbour in their intestinal tracts. The bacteria may also inhabit at the vagina as well and passed on to your baby during labour and birth. This test is normal screened at the late pregnancy stage, if found positive, it can be easily treated with antibiotic and will greatly reduce baby's risk of becoming infected.

The screening takes less than a minutes, very similar to pap smear, the nurse just need to do a swap to obtain the tissue at the cervix and send it for lab testing. I just got the result today, I'm not positive. Yeah! Yeah! No additional pills for me. Thank God!

No comments: