Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Party planning updates: cake

Thursday, was Singapore National Day so SAF also declared a off day
Happy 47th Birthday Singapore! 
we head off to Hmart in the afternoon for grocery
and also to check out on Buddy's birthday cake
@ Tous Les Jours bakery and Mozart

picture of buddy and his rosy cheek
Photobucket Photobucket

Both was so disappointing, they were unable to customise the cake that I wanted
Luckily Tous Les Jours bakery still have something that matches my safari theme
but definitely is not up to my standard
this is it....

Photobucket Photobucket

they charge me US170 for a 20 inch cake 
 OMG! that's totally insane
went online and found exactly the same animal icing for just US2.99
and the cupcake holder for US8.99 for 24ct
which means they make a huge profit out of this

I'm not a cake person so I have no other choices but to go with it
but I have something interesting in mind
thinking of baking an eggless whole wheat and oatmeal banana cupcake/muffin
with natural cream cheese frosting
solely for buddy on his big day
will try to bake once!!!
Stay tuned for updates....

No comments: