Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Party Planning: Buddy' First Birthday

I cannot believe buddy's big first birthday is coming up. How did this happen? The party planning is well underway. I wanted to throw him a great birthday party and I only have a couple of months to plan and there's so much to do. Sure it's CRAZY stressful, but I really love knowing that I'm creating special memories for my little one on his special day. It's so much fun!

The first major thing I'm trying to fix is the location for the party. I would love to have his party by the poolside but the weather is just too unpredictable and having an outside party is kinda iffy. In the end, I decided to have it at home.

Next on the list, it is to find a party theme that reflects buddy's favourite things. The thing is, a one year old's main interests are pretty much sleeping, eating and pooping. Talk about a seriously un-fun party theme. Right? So, I had to dig a little harder to come up with Xavier's party theme. Buddy's first set of flash cards was animal and quickly it becomes his favourite which catches his longest attention.  So, I decided on safari theme.


I search a bazilion different ideas on the internet and found some fun starting points and went to check it out at party city. They have extremely cute deco and the store give me many many interesting ideas. I took a pic on what they are selling for safari theme. I love them all!
Photobucket
Now, the biggest attraction at a party is the cake. I've been on the net and found some inspirational photos on Wilton  . I will be ordering from Tous Les Jours bakery at Hmart. Will have to fix a time to meet up with the chef. Many friends opt for option 3, is more boyish right?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My next item/idea I'll probably buy the party favors treat box like these and fill them with animal crackers

Photobucket

I probably will do a scrapbook to display my baby's photos from birth through her first year. I do plan to do this but have not solidified my plan as to what it will look like. :)

That's all for now!

No comments: