Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Monday, March 12, 2012

Xavier 5 months old

Photobucket

Time keeps ticking away!! I can't believe Xavier is five months old, such a big boy. Sometimes I feel like you have been with us forever. Your dad and I are getting used to this whole "being parents" thing and I would say we have a nice routine down by now. Sometimes though I get kinda frustrated, or tired, or just overwhelmed and I feel like a bad parent, but then I remind myself that I've only been "on the job" for 5 months, and it takes most people at least that long to get used to a new job and then I feel so much better.

Xavier has made a lot of new discoveries this month. Here's what he's up to:

Found his feet and loves to play with them

Had his first taste of something other than breast milk and he LIKED it. We started with Rice Cereal and he literally knew how to eat from the spoon, the second I put it in his mouth. He will take my hand, when I'm holding the spoon, and try to shove the spoon in his mouth faster than I can get it there. Boy, oh boy is he going to love the "real" baby food! Stay tuned for that!

Still our "go with the flow" baby. When it's nap time, whether he's at home in his bed or in a stroller out & about, he takes his nap. Love it!

Become a lot more vocal lately too. He loves to talk to his papa

Can sit up on his own for quite sometime. tripod method, of course

One of my absolute favorite things he's doing lately is laughing! He laughs at me making faces or funny noises, and is the most ticklish little thing.

Drink 150ml every 3 hours. still using a medium flow nipple. in size M diapers and wear primarily 3-6 month clothes

Rolled over from your front to his back at 4 1/2 months (from right side)

Hand eye coordination is also improving. Now you actually reach for things and get semi close to actually touching them. Every now and then you will get what you are reaching for and get really excited

Still sleep through the night

Go to bed between 7.30 - 8pm and wakes up by 7am. He lay there so quietly and happily that I don't know exactly when his sweet eyes open for the day.

Nap 2 or 3 times a day. The times and lengths are different every day.

Love his baths & swim

He knows his name

Don't have any teeth yet

Enjoy giving Papa & Mama High Five

Learning "flying kisses" & "bye bye" in progress....

No comments: