Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jarred or Homemade baby food?

Photobucket
Well, my husband and I had a collective agreement of choosing homemade baby food over jarred baby food. This decision was concluded last night.

I personally like to make my little one baby food from fresh veggies and fruits. I love the thought that I made it myself. I truly enjoy doing it. Moreover, I love the idea that what we give him comes from unprocessed produce.

The freshness of the baby food we feed him is just one of the two primary reasons why we opted to continue making him homemade treats. The other one is, "financial practicability."

I am not against jarred baby food. Don't get me wrong. We just realized that making baby food ourselves sounds more practical and delightful knowing that we feed him new variety of veggies and fruits each week, made from fresh produce, prepared with love. And of course, the bucks we save each week is awesome!

I am not saying that we will no longer give Xavier jarred baby food. There should be special situations where commercial baby food is more suitable for an occasion than the homemade one.

No comments: