Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Friday, January 16, 2015

Enrichment Class - First Swimming Class


Recently, I talked to some parent in school. They asked me "what other enrichment classes you have enrolled for your boy? the current curriculum in school is definitely not sufficient for the kids. Blah Blah Blah....."

This really set me thinking. Not thinking what enrichment classes to sign up but to feel the kaisu-ness of the parents. In my own opinion - enrolling kids for enrichment classes is to nurture them and bring the best out of them, not to drown them with the fear that their children will lose out in the future. 

Currently, Xavier's school do offer additional enrichment programmes now. I have enrolled him to swimming class to  build his water confidence level, chinese speech and drama to improve his Mandarin and abacus and I feel that it is sufficient for him. After all, the learning journey should be fun and interesting in a relaxed environment. 

14 Jan, first swimming class, I went to the school earlier to catch a glimpse of how was my boy doing..  I was hiding in a corner taking pic and video LOL!
At first, he refused to wear the goggle or to hold on to the swim board. Haha! I can understand because he had never use them before... but nearing the end of the lesson he got more confident and he enjoyed himself. Keep it up! 





No comments: