Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Kelvin..Amelia...Xavier

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Confinement coming to an end ( 1 more day to go)

My confinement is the most enjoyable month in my life.
I'm not working = no stress = Can get time to bond with my little one everyday
Get to enjoy all different types of delicious confinement food & my fav red dates water.



All thanks to mum!
She took care all my needs, cook for my food, wash baby clothings and also prepare my herbs bathing water. while, I take care of baby needs like changing of diaper, bathing & feeding etc.

I follow the rules and regulations of chinese confinement moderately.




  • I ate balance diet, like some carbohydrates, vegetables, protein (eg. beans, fish, pork and chicken) - my fav cod fish, pig organ soup and papaya soup :)


  • I washed my hair alternate days with herbs and warm water. I did try the dry shampoo (in powder form), but I don't like it! It was messy and I fell it make my hair even dirtier!

  • I had my first bath after 1 week of my delivery and after that I bath everyday with herbs and warm water. My doctor actually recommended me to take my bath everyday and keep personal hygienic seriously because I was breastfeeding and dirty body my cause infection or slower down my wound recovery (I had c-section for my delivery)!


  • I went out a few times to buy baby stuff and I wear shorts and singlet at home. According to my grandma, all new mums are suppose to stay home for 1 month and have to wear long cloths, socks and slipper to prevent wind getting to the body. Luckily, mum is flexible on this :)


  • I drank alcohol soup only once at night (after my breastfed and before went to bed). The soup cooked with DOM, chicken or pork and some Chinese herbs.


  • I also took my vitamin and calcium supplements to help my recovery.


  • I ate ginger moderately as well. My mum cooked most of my food with sesame oil and ginger.

Even after confinement, Mum will continue to brew the nutritious soup so as to improve and sustain my breast milk. I really hope that I can breastfeed Xavier as long as I could or at least until he is 6 months of age becasue breastfeeding offer so much benefits for the mother and baby. Baby will have stronger immune system and created a stronger bonding between baby & mother. Nursing will also help to shed pounds more quickly. This is because the body burns calories while it makes breast milk.


p.s.


Look forward to a cup of bubble tea this Sunday :)


total shed 14kg, able to wear all my pre-pregnancy clothings (yeah! Can save $$$ on new ones) :)

No comments: